Laliwala IT Services

Laliwala IT Services
Website Development

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

override util class, ldap portal util class, liferay requirement, extending




francesco scamarcio : Hi all I have to overwrite the rider ldapPortalUtil class.





What I have done is create ext Environment in the same package with the same class, overwriting my method. The problem is that in windos me take my class in the ext hai but in unix as two classes with the same package in the classpath I will always pick the one in the portal-impl and not the one I have in the ext-impl .








I wonder if there is another way to extend the useful clse of liferay.



Mazhar Anwar : Server will always pick ext-impl Instance of your class no matter whether it is Windows or Linux.








If you are extending the Class then you have to just override the necessary methods in it. And If you are overwriting the Class then copy all the methods in your ext instance, and then modify as your requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment