Laliwala IT Services

Laliwala IT Services
Website Development

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

mazhar anwar

liferay developer tutorial

H K : Hi








When I add a portlet and remove its border, the "look and feel" icon is removed as well, making it impossible to add the border again.








How can I prevent this icon from disappearing?








In my theme, I have specified that the following icons should be included:














Lisa Simpson :
You should still have the look & feel text links if the border is removed. That is how you turn the border back on.






H K :
The look & feel text link is unfortunately removed when the border is removed, I don't know why emoticon






Bavithra Rajendran : Hi !








Check the Toggle Edit Controls in the Dock. If it is unchecked, then you wont get the Look and Feel text links. You need to check the check box in the Dock.








Thanks,





Bavithra Rajendran






H K : The Toggle Edit Controls is already checked. I can only see a configuration icon, a minimize icon, maximize icon and a close icon, but no Look-and-Feel text link.








Please see the attached screenshot as a proof emoticon














Bavithra Rajendran : Hi !








Try to add $theme.iconOptions() in your portlet.vm file. Hope it will solve your problem.








Thanks,

Bavithra Rajendran






H K :
Hm.. that brought forth an icon containing three white dots. However nothing happens when I click on that icon.






Bavithra Rajendran : Hi !








Can you give me a snippet of your portlet.vm file?








Thanks,

Bavithra Rajendran






H K : Hi! Here is the full contents of my portlet.vm file:














H K :
Do anyone know how to solve the problem? I should add that the look-and-feel link doesn't even if the portlet has a border (see the screenshot above where the "navigera" portlet has a border).






Mazhar Anwar : Hey H K,








can you please lemme know what exactly you want?








Regards,

Mazhar






H K : Hi!








I want to be able to change the look and feel of my portlets, either through a "look and feel" text link, or through a look and feel icon emoticon






Mazhar Anwar : Hi,








You can use the following in your JSP.








emoticon HTH






H K : Thanks! I wasn't really sure where to place your code, but the part with "getURLPortletCss()" made me experiment adding the following to my portlet.vm file:








.. which worked - I now have a look-and-feel icon - problem solved! emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment