Laliwala IT Services

Laliwala IT Services
Website Development

Thursday, February 24, 2011

jQuery Layout integration, jquery.layout.js, javascript, property files, liferay source code, liferay developing plugins, liferay porblem solution



Michael Poznecki : Hello all,





I have built an HTML page using the jQuery Layout. I needed two panes that I can resize. You can see the demo and the code of what I used here:








http://layout.jquery-dev.net/demos/simple.html]








Once it was working the way I needed, I started to port it into a portlet. But when I run it, my jquery.layout.js does not seem to work right.








Has anyone ever used this layout.js? It does not work for some reason.








It might have something to do with the fact that the jquery.layout.js uses the "$" instead of "jQuery" but when I tried to replace them it still does not work.








Has anyone used the jquery.layout.js before? Can someone please help me get this working?








I have attached the files to make it easier to look at.








Thanks so much.








Michael

Attachments






Mazhar Anwar : Hi Micheal,








If you are developing your portlet in ext environment you need to add your jquery-layout.js file into Liferay's jquery framework, and need to update javascript.barebone.files property in portal-ext.properties. For more reference you can see portal.properties in liferay's source code.








And If you are developing in plugins environment, you can put your .js file under any folder and you need to add javascript manually in you jsp.






Michael Poznecki : Please re-read my question.






Hui Deng : Hi Micheal,








I have the same issue as yours, I want to use jquery.layout in liferay too. I have tried it for long time, but I was failed. Have you solved this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment