Laliwala IT Services

Laliwala IT Services
Website Development

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How Liferay Login screen reads costumer database and logged into the portal, liferay 5.2.3, tomcat 6.0, deploying with liferay, create account liferay

Sanjay Kumar Das : Hi,








I am using Liferay5.2.3 and deploying with liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0-5.2.3.





I have deployed some Vaadin Portlet and getting succesfull result.





I have created my own account in liferay and able to login successfully.





I have one requirement like how to integrate my own sql databse with liferay for login purpose so that liferay login screen will read the data from my database, validate and allow me to login to the portal?









Can anyone give me some guidelines/suggestions how to achieve the above requirement?








Thanks & Regards,

Sanjaya Kumar Das






Madhu Yadav : You may have to write your own code to use the custom database tables.








Having all user info in a LDAP server is recommended.








Integrating liferay to use that LDAP in that case will be simple configuration changes






Manish Kumar Gupta : Hi Sanjay








See this wiki. It may provide you some help.








Manish.






Mazhar Anwar : Hi Sanjay,








Do you like to import user information in Liferay Database?








As per my knowledge, when we integrate Liferay with any LDAP server, Portal adds user entries in User_ table and there are many relations like User Community, group, role, permissions, etc are associated with Users in Liferay.






Sanjay Kumar Das : Hi Anwar,








I am using file-system portal and it reads the login info from the qsl file.








How to do the liferay sql database setup at my local environment. Is it necessary?








I am using LDAP with OpenDS Vendor.





How to import the my sql database>login table to the liferay database.








Thanks.






Sanjay Kumar Das : Hi Yadav,





Thanks for your quick response.








I am using OpenDS. Created some users there and did all the settings with Liferay Control Panel - LDAP section to OpenDS. And I am able to login with liferay by using the users which I created in OpenDS.








The question is how to import a my dummy database along with myUser table to Open DS, so that I can login with database users against liferay login.








Is there any settings at OpenDS/guidelines which can help me out?








Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay






Madhu Yadav : Not very sure..haven't come across this anytime..

check with the OpenDS forums as well

No comments:

Post a Comment