Laliwala IT Services

Laliwala IT Services
Website Development

Monday, February 21, 2011

disable screenName option disabling 'MyAccount' section..., portal-ext.properties, administrator, login as user, power user role, control panel, java

suresh reddy k : Hi All,








Currently I'm using liferay 5.2.3. There is no way to disable 'screenName' from editing; per setup requirement, we don't want application users to edit their pre-configured screenNames.








I was going thru forums and found there is following option in liferay 6.x version...








field.editable.com.liferay.portal.model.User.screenName = administrator (or user)








I did set this property in 'portal-ext.properties' and as per the description, when the value is set to 'administrator' then, only administrators allowed to change 'screenName'. But, after this setting, when I login as user (set to Power User role) 'My Account' option is not enabled... when i click on 'Control Panel' nothing is coming up...








PS: with-out setting this property, I could get 'My Account' section with editable 'screen name' option.








My requirement is to make 'screenName' read-only for all users except administrator.. where as all other user attributes should be editable (as they are with-out above property.








Am I missing anything in the configuration?








Thanks,

Suresh






Nagendra Kumar Busam : Hi Suresh,





I don't know much about that property BUT if it is the actual behaviour you can hook into relevant jsp file & simply can put a condition depending upon role (editable/read-only)








Regards,

- Nagendra Kumar






Mazhar Anwar : Hi Suresh,





Please check http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/4593309 link.

No comments:

Post a Comment