Laliwala IT Services

Laliwala IT Services
Website Development

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Calling Liferay Services from Standalone java




































































































































































































































































































Vinutha Shreyas : Calling Liferay Services from Standalone java
Hi,
I am attempting to call a LiferayService from a Standalone java program.
In calling the service I am trying to add a portal user
The codes are as below
The standalone java program is
I have included all the Liferay related jars in my classpath.
But still faced with the following error
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: UserLocalService is not set
at com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil.getService(UserLocalServiceUtil.java:871)
at com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil.addUser(UserLocalServiceUtil.java:143)
Can someone suggest if I need to configure or enable this service in any of the Liferay related files.
Appreciate for the help seeked.
Mazhar Anwar : Hi
It is not possible to use Liferay Service in standalone java classes like this since there are many Spring and hibernate configurations.
Possible option are
1- Create a new web-application under the same server and you can call Liferay's global APIs (i.e classes in portal-service.jar and portal-kernal.jar)
2- Write code to connect with Liferay Database via JDBC/Hibernate and perform all database operation.
Regards,
Thiago Leão Moreira : Hi Vinutha,
Use the portal-client.jar, it is a SOAP client to access your Liferay server.
Hope this helps.
Vinutha Shreyas : I have tried through web-application and am able to do it successfully through portlets.
But that is not my requirement. I need to call it through a standalone program for my application requirement.
What I have given the code template in my previous post was a simple template for understanding purpose.
Actually I am connecting to the Database through Hibernate.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you
Vinutha Shreyas : As there is a suggestion to use the poratl-client.jar, a SOAP based access layer,
Can you give me a reference to the beginning point of the code to use SOAP as I am a newbie to SOAP.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment